Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Beginning

About a month ago I was sharing my anecdotal narrative of my failed marathon attempt back in 2007. I have recounted this experience many times and I am always told at least I did 10 miles and all that matters is that I tried. Well on this particular night of recalling my account I was told by one man that I have unfinished business. Taken back I was quick to ask him if he had ever run a marathon. I fully expected him to say no. Well to my surprise I find out that my new friend has run a marathon and beyond. Now my friends, his words of unfinished business has plagued me ever since. So here I am now signed up for the Top of Utah Marathon on September 20, 2008. I’m hoping a new pair of shoes, new ambition and new running attitude will carry me through those 26.2 miles. If not , well I could always try doping.

No comments: